Our privacy statement is our commitment to privacy of information. The following explains how we gather information and use it.
- Storing shopping basket information
- Directing you to the right part of the website
- Anonymous website usage tracking
- Tracking for use in internet advertising
For more information on Cookies, please go to our Cookies Policy page.
In May 2018, The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 was put in place under the EU law to protect people’s privacy.
This gives users certain legal rights which we will provide when requested:
- The right to access provides users with complete transparency in data processing and storage. Because of the nature of our Box scheme, we must store securely our users’ data which allows us to make deliveries and stay in contact. Such data that is collected and stored during checkout are as follows: First Name, Surname, Email Address, Phone number (Mobile or landline), Billing Address and Shipping Address. We use our secure payment provider “Stripe” to store the same information as above as well as credit / debit card data. We do not have direct access to card numbers (Apart from the last 4 digits) or such information and these details are securely stored on Stripe’s servers as encrypted algorithms.
- The right to be forgotten gives users an option to erase personal data, and stop further collection and processing of the data. This process involves the user withdrawing consent for their personal data to be used. If you wish to do this, please contact us using the contact form and request full deletion. To contact us, click here. Please note that without certain information, we may not be able to offer you our services if we can not store the required information to make deliveries and keep accounts up to date.
- The data portability clause of the GDPR provides users a right to download their personal data, for which they have previously given consent, and further transmit that data to a different controller. If you wish to gather the personal data, mentioned above, that we have on you, please contact us using the contact form and request full deletion. To contact us, click here.
Controlling the information websites can collect
You can manage your browser cookie settings to accept or reject all cookies or individually by website. You can set your browser to prompt you when a website would like to store a cookie on your computer. All browsers settings are different and we would recommend you use the help option in your browser menu to check your settings.
We use the data entered when you sign up (including, but not limited to, your name, email address, phone numbers and address) to enable us to provide you with goods or services you’ve purchased from ourselves. We only share this information on our own system as well as with Mailchimp (for newsletters), and Stripe (for the card payment facility) for billing and customer service purposes. You can opt in to promotional marketing from Azora Co-Operative when you sign up for an account, but can also opt-out at any time. We will never sell your personal information to any third parties.
We share customer data that has been rendered anonymous with 3rd parties for the purposes of providing matching, measurement and analytics. We carry out this matching with companies including Facebook and Google to allow us to exclude current customers from any advertising we run and analyse the usage of our website. If you’ve opted into marketing as previously mentioned, we may show you relevant adverts related to products purchased or our service through platforms provided via these companies.
Should you wish your details not to be used for matching, measurement and analytics purposes please contact us by clicking here.
Providing visitors with anonymous access
You can access our website and browse our shop without disclosing your personal data by setting your browser to private browsing mode.
Access to the personal data we may hold about you
You can ask us whether we are keeping personal data about you by:
- By using the contact form click here. Or by getting in touch with us at
Links to external sites
This site contains links to other sites. Azora Co-Operative is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites.